Fancy a new challenge? Join our team today!
The Royal County of Berkshire Show would not be able to run without the dedication, hard work and bags of energy our volunteers bring to the Show weekend.
The Show is organised by The Newbury & District Agricultural Society, a charitable organisation with only a very small team of permanent staff. So the Show heavily depends on the volunteers in a wide range of roles:
Behind the scenes on the Showground:
- Marking out of the Showground
- Showground maintenance
- IT support
- Office administration such as stuffing envelopes, photocopying and mailing
During the Show:
- An extra pair of hands in the various sections, such as Equine, livestock, food and craft marquees, food & farming zone, the NEW dog
zone, country pursuits, the sports zone and many many more.
- Assisting in the Cookery Theatre
- Helping the Apple Man squish apples, or support others in the Harvest Centre with demonstrations
- Helping to manage traffic flow and making sure visitors are directed to car parks
- Selling tickets and Show Guides at the main gates to the Showground
After the Show:
- General clearing up and making sure the Showground is back to its glorious self!
- Office paperwork
In return for your help and support over the Show weekend, you will receive:
- Complimentary tickets to the Show – 4 hours or less you’ll receive a ticket for the day you work. 4 or more hours you’ll receive a ticket
to both days and a free hot meal.
You’ll get to work with a really dedicated team of volunteers who take pride in their work, make new friends and have fun along the way!
While stewarding doesn’t require experience and skills, a training session is provided and is a great development opportunity to learn new skills and gain new experiences as well as meeting members of your local community.