DATES:15th and 16th September 2018
OPENING TIMES: 8am to 6pm both days
ADDRESS: Newbury Showground, Priors Court Road, Hermitage, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG18 9QZ
Please do not use SatNav to find your way to the Showground as it takes no account of our traffic management plan and you therefore may be directed to the wrong place. Please follow the AA Signs as you approach the Showground.
The organisers of the Show are working to encourage visitors to think of the environment when choosing how to travel to the Showground. We’d be grateful if you would consider public transport, walking, cycling or car sharing when planning your journey.
USEFUL TIPS WHEN PLANNING YOUR JOURNEY
- Download a copy of the showground map (available shortly) to decide which car park is best to get to from your location. Some car parks are free of charge and others are £5.
- If travelling by train or bus, contact the relevant service to find out when buses and trains are running and how regular they are. Although transport to Newbury and the Showground are regular throughout the weekend, please be aware of traffic as this can cause delays.
- Check in with BBC Radio Berkshire for regular traffic news, or follow them on Twitter
- Buy your tickets in advance. You can get them at a reduced rate and you also won’t have to queue when you arrive.
Tel: 0118 959 4000
There is a bus which leaves the Newbury Bus Station and Thatcham Broadway every 30 minutes over the course of the Show weekend.
Tel: 0845 748 4960
Please click below for Map of the Car parks
Priority parking is available over the show weekend on a first come, first serve basis. You can purchase your priority parking pass via our ticketing site nearer to the Show weekend.
There is also a free park & ride bus service from the Black carpark, which can be found on the Oxford Road.
DISABLED PARKING, MOBILITY AND TICKETS
Parking for the disabled is available at the following car parks:
- By the Newbury Building Society Gate, to the west of the showground £5.00
- Red Car Park (access from the M4/A34 junction only) £5.00
- White Car Park (access from Hermitage only) FREE
Event Mobility are present throughout the Show weekend and can be found in the White car park and the Red carpark. To pre-book a mobility scooter, please call 01386 725391 or visit their website – www.eventmobility.co.uk
Visitors with disabilities can order their tickets via West Berkshire Mencap, located off Enborne Road in Newbury.
A cash machine can be found on Lew Spencer Avenue (next door to the Food Fayre) there is a charge for this facility
Lost and found children
In the event of children being separated from their parents or carers please contact a steward. Any children found will be escorted to our lost children facility at the Show Office (located in the Country Area) where they will be looked after until they can be safely reunited.
Please contact the Information Kiosk (found on Avenue V) during the Show weekend or call the Show Office – 01635 247111 – after the event.
Show Map 2017
Download the Show Map here
Baby changing facilities
The National Childbirth Trust can be found on Avenue C, which has a well-equipped baby changing and feeding facility including high chairs, bottle warmers, changing mats, various sized nappies and baby wipes.
There are plenty of places to eat around the showground, simply look for the knife and fork symbols on the Show map to locate them.
Facilities for ladies, gentleman and the disabled are situated at convenient locations throughout the showground, and clearly marked on the Show map.
DOGS ARE WELCOME!
We are very much looking forward to welcoming dogs to the Show this year, but for the safety and enjoyment of your four-legged friends, please adhere to
- They are to be kept on a non-retractable lead at all times.
- They will not be allowed into the Food Fayre, inside the Livestock Marquees and Cattle Building. Signage will be put up in these areas.
- Please make sure you scoop up any mess and dispose of it in the bins provided.
- Please under NO circumstances leave your dog(s) in the car. Any found in the carparks will be reported.
- Please ensure you bring water and water bowls with you. Some tradestands may have water bowls and some of our toilet blocks have taps for you to refill bowls.
First Aid is provided by the British Red Cross and are located at the Operations Compound in the Orange car park and also by the horse rings on the Showground.
Health & Safety
Please wash your hands after touching the animals and before eating. Please observe the walkways for the movement of animals and stay behind barriers when asked to do so by Stewards. Please keep clear of any official vehicles moving around the site and take care whilst walking on uneven surfaces.
Please bare in mind that drones are NOT allowed during the Show weekend. If you have a valid reason for using one, please email email@example.com
Purchase of goods
The Society cannot accept responsibility for any orders placed for goods or services in connection with firms exhibiting or advertising at the Show. Please ensure you receive full details when an order is placed to ensure you can contact them direct with any queries.
Advanced Ticket Outlets
See here a list of outlets that are selling tickets ahead of the Show